We really liked these yesterday. Simple, too – I’d leave off the cheese next time, or try something more mild. We melted a bit of shredded pepper jack cheese on a corn tortilla, and topped with coleslaw (just the cabbage part without the dressing), salmon grilled with just salt and pepper, the left over cilantro tomatillo ranch dressing from the other night, and a dollop of mango peach salsa. Delicious.
Cilantro Tomatillo Ranch Dressing
- 1 buttermilk ranch dressing packet
- 1 C mayo
- 1 C buttermilk
- 5 sml-med tomatillos
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- Juice and zest of 2 limes
- 1 jalapeno (seeded or not depending on how spicy you like it)
- 2 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- Use a food processor to blend all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
*This makes about 4 cups of dressings but will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.