We needed a last minute dessert and these were amazing.
- 1 – 1¼ c powdered sugar
- ¾ c creamy peanut butter
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 c sour cream
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1½ c sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 24 cupcake tins with a double layer of paper liners.
- combine powdered sugar, peanut butter, butter and vanilla in bowl. Beat on medium speed until well combined and mixtue is dry yet holds together. Roll into 1-inch balls, place baking sheet and chill in freezer while you make batter (10 minutes).
- combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl with whisk. In a liquid measuring cup, stir together sour cream, milk and vanilla. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time, scraping down bowl as needed. With mixer on low speed, alternately add dry ingredients and sour cream mixture, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Mix just until incorporated.
- Into liners, spoon a tablespoon or two of batter. Place one chilled ball of peanut butter filling into each cupcake well and top with remaining batter. Bake for 13-22 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pans for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to wire rack and cool completely before frosting.
Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting:
3-ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract Beat cream cheese and peanut butter in an electric mixer until smooth. Add sugar, milk and vanilla, and beat, starting on low speed and gradually increasing to medium-high speed, until smooth.