We really liked this, and it came together very quickly.
CILANTRO BEEF (or, in my case, turkey)
- 1-2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 1/2 of a large onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 bunch of cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 lb of ground beef or turkey (we used turkey)
- 2 tbsps of oyster sauce (can use soy sauce)
Sauté the onion and ginger in the oil over medium-high heat until onions are soft and just starting to turn color, about 5 minutes. Add beef or turkey and sauté until cooked through, breaking it up into crumbles. Add in oyster sauce. Cook for about a minute. Dump in all the cilantro at once, give the dish a final stir then remove from heat.
Serve over rice, brown rice, or rice noodles. We had it on brown rice, which is still new for us, but we really liked it.
Adapted from CityMama