I adapted the recipe from this one, but didn’t write down what I did…but I’m pretty sure the original would turn out good, too.
- 1 large head cauliflower, separated into florets
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a small baking dish.
- Place the cauliflower in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook 5 minutes, or until tender but crisp.
- In a separate saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and gradually mix in the flour, salt, and milk. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, and mix in the Swiss cheese until melted. Spread about 1/4 cup of the melted Swiss cheese mixture in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Place the cauliflower in the dish, and top with the remaining cheese mixture.
- Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly.