Found this on allrecipes. Incredible. We used fresh squeezed orange juice and I’m sure it made a difference. WOW.
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg white
- Place cold water in a small bowl and sprinkle gelatin over the surface. Allow to stand 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together boiling water, 3/4 cup sugar and soaked gelatin. Stir until gelatin and sugar are dissolved. Stir in orange zest, orange juice, lemon juice and egg yolk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whip cream with 3 tablespoons sugar and salt until stiff peaks form. In a separate bowl, whip egg white until stiff. Fold into whipped cream. Stir in juice mixture a little at a time. Pour into a shallow dish and place in freezer. Freeze until firm, stirring twice during the first hour.