from Light and Tasty magazine, September 2006
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 2 cups coarsely chopped real or imitation crabmeat
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
In a large saucepan, cook onion and garlic in butter over medium heat until tender. Combine sour cream and flour until smooth; gradually add to onion mixture. Stir in the broth, chilies, coriander and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in 1/2 cup cheese.
Place crab in a bowl; stir in 1/2 cup sauce. Spoon equal amounts on tortillas; roll up tightly. Place seam side down in an 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Top with remaining sauce.
Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes. Top with tomato, green onions and olives. Yield: 8 servings.