From Light & Tasty Magazine, April/May 2002
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian or Mexican diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro or parsley, divided
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
In a nonstick skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes, chili powder and cumin. Bring to a boil; remove from the heat. In a bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese and 2 tablespoons cilantro.
Place on tortilla in a 9-in. round cake pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Layer with half of the meat sauce, one tortilla, all of the ricotta mixture, another tortilla and the remaining meat sauce. Top with remaining tortilla; sprinkle with cheddar cheese and remaining cilantro. Cover and bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
241 calories, 8 grams fat, 1.8 fiber, 15 g carb, 14 g protein
Fast and easy and pretty good. Serve with salsa corn (frozen or canned corn tossed with some salsa and microed – how easy is that?)
This is a really easy dinner to freeze ahead and defrost later.